Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Welcome to Us :D



 I know Emily has been neglecting this blog for quite the time now, but I am here to give you the attention you so crave. The blog will now be updated with a bit of normalcy, and I'm sure we'll all enjoy ourselves. Did you know that there are three of us at eM?    Emily, the master, the photographer, the tallest, the lady in charge-Charles, the editor, the beautifier, the pack mule, the seemingly calm-and myself, Hailey...queen bee of all things social media. (I write the blog and the facebook) :D and I throw in the occasional opinion. Stay a while and get to know us better, we're quite entertaining. 

Now a few things you really didn't need to know about:
Emily McArthur
  • I could drink coffee ALL day. I’m talkin all day.
  • I have long hair, but no one is aware because it is constantly up.
  • I’m the proud mother of a sweet four year old boy. Also, I’m quite the loving wifey!
  • I have a spontaneous habit of creating words, their numbers are so vast that I require a personal dictionary.
  • When I type, there are lots of ‘…’ to be found.
  • I’m addicted to that feeling I get when I know I’ve got the perfect shot :)
  • I am a technology guru; I love to try out new gear and solve challenges on set.
  • I love to make people laugh, the sound is energizing.
  • I cry everytime I watch a Lifetime movie.
  • I can’t cook…unless it’s cake. I can do cake.
  • Peanut butter and chocolate are a combination I do not care for...I know...I'm weird.
  • Sunshine makes me happy :) 
  • I like to experiment with lighting for my shoots. I mix natural and artificial light sources for interesting effects-it’s like playing on a 3D canvas.
  • When I take notes in a class, I do it by drawing pictures.
  • I <3 GUMMY SNACKS, so much so that I steal out of my son’s gummy vitamins jar…everyday.   (don't worry though--I'll save him some.)
  • I love my clients and consider them my personal friends. Don’t be surprised if I hug you at the end of your session!
  • My favorite movie: What Dreams May Come.
  • I’m a total nerd and over achiever.
  • I LOVE to travel, but HATE to pack.
  • I like to fix things, I’m quite handy!


Charles Hart 
  • I love all things vintage/antique.
  • I make sure I go to Eureka Springs at least twice a year and stay in the Crescent Hotel.
  • I could watch Donnie DarkoThe Notebook, Across the Universe, and Walk the Line over and over.
  • I have a Carpe Diem tattoo, and I try to live by that.
  • I’m good at doing hair, I do Hailey's almost every day.
  • I have an antique camera collection, and also a collection of keys.
  • I’m a very visual person.
  • In high school, the only assigned reading I did was The Great Gatsby, and now it’s one of my favorite books.
  • I love riding my bike to clear my mind.
  • I find nature to be breathtakingly beautiful, especially trees.I spend a lot of time drawing trees
  • My entire life I have dreamed of going to New York City.
  • I stood in a line for two hours to meet Will Ferrell. All he said to me was 'stay out of trouble'.
  • I firmly believe the Beatles are (and always will be) the greatest band EVER!
  • I have an obsession with photographing abandoned houses and buildings. I have a display cabinet full of souvenirs from these places.
  • I can lick my elbow.




Hailey Hart 
  • Charles and I have a two month old daughter, Zayelynn Abbey. Her middle name is tradition of Beatles-esque middle names.
  • I’ve read the Harry Potter books over ten times.
  • I really enjoy when the History Channel shows HISTORY DOCUMENTARIES. Especially anything pertaining to WWII & The Holocaust, Native Americans, Ancient Civilizations, this whole 2012 ordeal, or past presidents.
  • My mind isn’t wired to visually interpret things. I see in words, kind of like having a marquee behind my eyes.
  • I’m a nerd for Harry Potter, World of Warcraft, Avatar the Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra, and memes. Oh how I love memes.
  • I HAVE A CAT OBSESSION.
  • I’ve yet to master driving in reverse. I’ve hit a few things…
  • I’ve had five cars, but not due to the former fact of incompetent reverse skills. I wrecked my first car, rear-ended someone with my second, flooded my third, and ruined the brakes on my fourth. I’ve had my current car almost a year :D
  • When I was pregnant I watched the Price is Right every day, and in the process developed an odd crush on Drew Carey.
  • I have a voice for everyone when I tell stories in which they spoke.
  • Charles and I can communicate without saying words that actually pertain to what we’re saying.
  • I hate socks. Like, I wear them with shoes (most of the time) but I hate having my feet trapped, I can’t sleep in them. And I hate when my husband puts his sock feet on me :(
  • The sight of a hopping bird can break any bad mood. 



















3 comments:

  1. Love the BIOS what is the latest on the CHANGING ROOM??? LOL
    SUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...one step at a time, Sue, One step at a time. :)
      Whatch doin Friday? ;-P

      Delete