Monday, January 23, 2012

My first official blog...ever.


That's right.  I feel like I've hit the big-time as far as social media is concerned.  I have a blog.  I've dragged myself into the blogosphere kicking and screaming, but I've made it!  Next on the list: twitter. By the end of the week, I will be a status-updating, blogging, tweeting, linkd-in, media kingpin.  Yes. A true force to reckoned with.   (giggle)

Now for my first online confession:  I am terrified of this. 
I don't know why posting on the web gives me the weeblies, but it does.  No exaggeration, my facebook status updates take me 10 minutes.  I will probably draft and re-read this blog post at least six times before I have the guts to post it live.  How lame it that?!  Anyone who knows me knows that I have no problems talking to people on a large or small scale.  So what gives?  I guess there's just something about those words being OUT THERE and not being able to take it back that really gets my nerves.  Not to mention, people can comment, and call me out on all my shortcomings.  Ack!   My mind races with each post: "What if my grammar is poor?  What if I misspell something?  What if someone takes it the wrong way? Will people realize I'm human, and that I make mistakes?"     Maybe it's because I grew up in a time when you had to wait by the home phone if you were expecting a phone call.  There was no texting, no cell phones, no instant uploads.  Three-way calling became popular when I was in jr. high, and it was a scandal!   So there was a sense of privacy and an understanding that communication required time.   Today, everything is instant...and people live their lives so much more transparently.
Wow.  I sound old.  I'm not that old.  Am I?  (please don't answer that)

Regardless, I've stepped into the new millenium, albeit a few years behind.  I suppose if everybody's doin' it, it can't be so bad.  Right? 

I seriously feel as if I've stuck my head in the lion's mouth and survived.  First blog: check.  done.   
*exhales*

Follow along to find out more about being an average gal in Arkansas who's taken a dream and made it a reality. I'm a wife, a mom, a daughter, a successful photographer, designer, and business-owner. It's not been easy, in fact sometimes it's straight-up tough, but everyday is a new opportunity to make a change. I'll keep you posted on all things eM as they unfold. Please join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment